VolunteerOpportunities to Volunteer with ENFIA
Work for the Forest Service next summer! See the exciting opportunities below to work for the Forest Service next summer!
ENFIA is made up of a network of people who are interested in good stewardship of our national forests. Within the organization, there are endless possibilities for expanding your involvement through volunteering. Help strengthen ENFIA, share your interests, your skills and your enthusiasm.
GIVE VOLUNTEERING A TRY!
- Create artwork, books, brochures and handouts for ENFIA.
- Create short school programs (animals, history, plants, geography, trails, fires….)
- Create campfire programs (animals, history, plants, geography, trails, fires….)
- Give presentations – to schools, at campgrounds.
- Assist in writing grants for ENFIA projects.
- Seek sources for grants for future projects.
- Create brochures; trail guides for areas in the Forest.
- Create information signs for trails and other forest areas.
- Be a Docent at Carson Pass.
- Volunteer at one of the Forest Service Outlets – Placerville, Wright’s Lake, Amador, Georgetown, and Crystal Basin.
- Do repairs and maintenance on Carson Pass Information Station and Silver Lake Cabin.
Marketing and Retail:
- Develop new ideas for marketing ENFIA, The Forest Outlet, and products
- Work with retail and publicity.
- Book reviews (for articles, information, marketing and decision making)
- Assist with quarterly inventory at retail locations.
- Assist with increasing membership.
- Plan/coordinate membership activities.
- Update ENFIA publications, membership materials and handouts.
- Create and/or coordinate new publications.
- Write articles for publication.
- Photographs of events and the Forest.
- Update website information
- Write articles/ content for ENFIA website and/or email communication
- Monitor social media
- Assist with formatting articles and other materials for publication
- Provide training to volunteers on history, trails, animals….
- Create and/or give workshops/fieldtrips to ENFIA members and public on trails, plants, animals, history, etc.
What are your ideas? Contact us if you are interested in any of the opportunities or share your own idea. Working together makes us all stronger.